This is a research corpus of 100 improvised musical duets recorded for the paper “Musical friends and foes: The social cognition of affiliation and control in improvised interactions” by JJ Aucouturier and Clément Canonne, Cognition, vol. 161, 94-108, 2017. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0010027717300276
A corpus of free pop music recordings, mixed by a professional sound engineer in several variants used to experiment with a listener’s feelings of social cohesion. Each track is available in X variants
- Single lead voice + orchestra (PBO) – drums
- Single lead voice + vocal overdub (double-tracking) + orchestra (PBO)
- Single lead voice – overdub + orchestra + drums
- Single lead voice + randomly detuned PBO – drums
- Single lead voice + randomly desynchronized PBO
The corpus is made available under a Creative Commons licence, from archive.org.
Mixed by Sarah Hermann (CNSMDP, Paris) at IRCAM, July 2016.